The Database Specialist will spend most of their time working in SQL to develop data-related solutions and reports. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, curious, have a strong desire for problem-solving, and be meticulous with their data accuracy.
Examples of Upcoming Projects:
- Data integration with 3rd party healthcare data sources
- Normalization of customer data from multiple data sources
- Automate clinician performance scorecards
- Patient event alerting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ensure the highest level of quality and accuracy of data, reporting, and development
- Comprehend the data
- Provide input in developing strategies to support department goals and objectives
- Promote and maintain positive morale through teamwork
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to respond promptly to inquiries or requests
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and use discretion when needed
- SQL Report Writer / Developer
- Develop, modify, maintain, and support custom reports (Azure SQL, MS SQL, SSRS, Visual Studio) for both ad-hoc and ongoing business needs.
- Develop MS SQL objects (tables, stored procedures, functions, views, etc.) as applicable.
- Extract, filter, and aggregate data through logical queries and programming.
- Power BI Developer
- Build data models with multiple data sources
- Gather requirements and build Power BI dashboards
- Understand and analyze the data
- Data Integration
- Use ETL tools
- Find and integrate new relevant data sources
- Perform other work including specific tasks or special projects as required.
- Azure and/or MS SQL (Database design, query writing)
- SSRS (report tools)
- Power BI or similar Business Intelligence platform
- API integration
- ETL tools
- Data Analysis
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing in SQL
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, informatics, math, software engineering disciplines, or other related field and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Woods Cross, Utah
This is a full-time, permanent position. The typical work week is Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, but scheduling is flexible. The employee must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.