As the central supply clerk, you are responsible for planning and directing the procurement of nursing supplies. Working under the direction of a supervisor, they ensure that orders are confirmed, correct and handle shipping errors or returns of damaged merchandise. Responsible for the storage and control of supplies. Responsible for issuing and delivery of supplies, equipment and other supplies in the community. Understanding and working within a budget.
- Collects and fills supply requests whether from the floor or on tiger text.
- Orders supplies from designated vendors.
- Receives supply shipments and routes packing slips to appropriate department heads.
- Maintains an organized and neat central supply area with supplies unboxed and easy to see.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Licensure – High School degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience – 1 year experience in shipping and receiving preferred. Prior Skilled Nursing Home experience preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Basic math and accounting skills are needed for budgeting budgets and expenses.
- Ability to read and comprehend at levels necessary to perform job duties appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and vendors.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Presents professional image to consumers and clients through dress, behavior and speech.
- Adheres to company standards for resolving consumer and client concerns.
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize, schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated policies and deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or parts of tasks simultaneously to ensure timely completion of work activities.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
Perform the following with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature, and/or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers. Individual must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Work requires a minimum standard of visual acuity with or without correction that will enable people in the role to complete administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inspect and analyze.
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such as noise, conversation and foot traffic; ability to handle interruptions often and be able to move from one task to another
- While worker may possibly be subjected to temperature changes, the worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions as the work is predominantly inside.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
This position complies with the CMS Mandate for COVID 19 Vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Heber City, UT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have at least 1 year of Shipping/Receiving experience?
- Do you have prior nursing home experience?
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations
Work Location: One location