This is a Sunday and Monday 6 AM to 2 PM Shift
Minimum requirements include the following:
Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the state.
Must have no disciplinary action in effect against certification.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Provides supportive services to nurse(s) and other staff as needed and performs duties as assigned.
Assists resident with or performs showers or baths for resident in accordance with care plans and established policies and procedures.
Assists with dining room services at assigned mealtimes, including set-up and clean-up, meal tray delivery, feeding assistance, and documentation of meal intake.
Assists with tracking the condition of the resident’s skin. Reports any presence of pressure areas, skin breakdown or skin tears to nurse and supervisor.
Completes flow sheets daily to indicate that the specified task was done. Documents the progress of each resident as directed by supervisor.
Keeps nurse and supervisor informed of factors that interfere with being able to perform the work as assigned (i.e. resident refusal, reassigned to nursing unit).
Reports changes in a resident’s condition to the resident’s nurse and supervisor.
Other Duties as assigned
Additional Assigned Tasks
- Treats all residents with dignity and respect. Promotes and protects all residents’ rights.
- Establishes a culture of compliance by adhering to all facility policies and procedures. Complies with standards of business conduct, and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Follows appropriate safety and hygiene measures at all times to protect residents and themselves.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information, including verbal, written, and electronic communications.
- Reports noncompliance with policies, procedures, regulations, or breaches in confidentiality to appropriate personnel. Reports any retaliation or discrimination to HR or compliance officer.
- Reports any allegations of abuse, neglect, misappropriation of property, exploitation, or mistreatment of residents to supervisor and/or administrator. Protects residents from abuse, and cooperates with all investigations.
- Reports any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and/or hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy.
- Participates in all life safety and emergency drills and trainings. Fulfills responsibilities as assigned during implementation or activation of the facility’s emergency plan.
- Reports work-related injuries and illnesses immediately to supervisor.
- Follows established infection control policies and procedures.
- As a condition of employment, completes all assigned training and skills competency.
- Accept certified nursing assistant assignments as staffing needs require. Perform certified nursing assistant duties as assigned, in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Use proper lifting and body mechanics while delivering care to residents.
- Personal Skills and Traits Desired/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, and willingness to deal with difficult residents, family and staff.
- Must be able to relay information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Meets general health requirements according to facility policy, including medical and physical exams and checking immunity status to various infectious diseases.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
- May be subject to falls, burns from equipment, and/or odors throughout the day; encounter reactions from dust, tobacco smoke, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases and/or conditions which include AIDS, Coronavirus, Hepatitis B, and Tuberculosis.
- May be subject to hostile or emotional residents, family members, visitors or personnel.
- Strong listening skills and ability to deal with conflict with professionalism and courtesy.
- Basic computer skills, including ability to navigate electronic medical record systems.
- Positive interpersonal relationship skills, including with persons of all ages and cultures.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, and stoop for extended periods.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform resident care.
- Ability to lift, move, push or pull a minimum of 35 pounds.
- May work beyond assigned working hours, including weekends and holidays, when necessary.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and [insert state civil rights law], it is the policy of [Facility Name] to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact [include name and/or department, telephone, and e-mail address].
Job Type: Part-time
- Nursing home
- Day shift
This position complies with the CMS mandate on vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Evanston, WY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location