Sarah Daft Home is currently seeking a Dietary Cook to join our Culinary Services department. Part-Time 20 hrs per week/ Days and weekends.
The Dietary Cook is responsible for the production and service of all meals throughout the day. The Dietary Cook prepares meals for skilled nursing, assisted living, and special events under the direction of the Culinary Services Director.
- Prepares food according to the menu cycle developed approved by the Culinary Services Director that is served at the proper temperature and within the appropriate time frames.
- Operates institutional food preparation equipment according to the manufacturer and supervisory direction.
- Follows proper cleaning and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Handles, creates, stores, and disposes of raw and prepared food items in accordance with company policy and federal, state rules and regulations.
- Maintains food service work-spaces in a clean and safe condition at all times according to facility procedures.
- Attend in-service education programs as assigned.
- Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position complies with the CMS Mandate for COVID Vaccinations
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This position complies with the CMS mandate on vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salt Lake City, UT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations
- Culinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location