Rocky Mountain Care – Saratoga View Assisted Living is seeking an amazing Chef to join our Culinary team! locations.
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community, in accordance to the Rocky Mountain Care standards.
- Provide a high level of culinary customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere
- Work closely with the Director of Culinary Services and Executive Director and care coordinators to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the kitchen
- Maintain kitchen expectations within the state guidelines
- Ensure all food is received, stored, and prepares according to company standards
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweep and mop) and trash emptied
- Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, Holiday parties, themed meals, etc.
- Will attend monthly mandatory all-staff meetings, and daily pre-shift stand up meetings.
- May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain an updated ServSafe certification or food handlers permit
- Ensure compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements
- Ensure all special dietary needs are met
- Clean up kitchen and dining areas
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment
- Food handlers permit
- Able to read and follow recipes, cleaning schedules, logs, etc.
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment
*This position complies with the CMS mandate on vaccinations*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
This position complies with the CMS Mandate for COVID Vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saratoga Springs, UT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations”
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location