Rocky Mountain Care – Riverton – is excited to announce we are currently hiring for a Dietary Manager
The Dietary Manager is an effective business manager responsible for leading the dining services team in preparing nutritious meals, providing service with a hospitality focus, and managing costs within or below budget in accordance with all laws, regulations, and company standards.
Today’s aging population means there’s a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available.
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Sarah Daft family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career, and opportunities for advancement!
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates dining services goals, policies, and procedures.
- Must work in cooperation with nutritionists, dietitians, and comply with all Federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collects all guest and visitor payments and forwards them to the business office.
- Represents the dining services team at resident council meetings for feedback on dining services.
- Confers with dietitian to ensure menus and department policies conform to nutritional standards.
- Develops menus offering heart-healthy choices and takes into consideration low-sodium and diabetic diet needs.
- Maintains a recipe file for meals.
- Continually upgrades knowledge of dietary management and nutrition to benefit the community’s services.
- Works with Dining Room Supervisor and Sales Director to ensure flawless execution of contracted events.
- Compliant with a budget in labor and expense control.
- Maintains inventory and portion controls working within a budget.
- Plans written menus at least 30 days in advance of preparation/serving dates involving resident preferences.
- Interviews new residents to welcome, acquire food preferences, allergies, and special requests.
- Develops system to track resident’s dietary needs/preferences and monitors for changes.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must Certified Dietary Manager Certification or Associates Degree in Culinary Arts.
- Must have 1-year prior experience in senior living.
- Must have current ServSafe food handlers certification.
- Must be experienced in preparing meals on a regular basis for large groups’ hospitality environment preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of special diets.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
This position complies with the CMS mandate on vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Riverton, UT 84065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have a current ServSafe Food handlers permit?
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations
- Dietary Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location