Rocky Mountain Care is looking for a full-time Insurance Verification Specialist
Monday through Friday 8:30 AM-5 PM/9:30 AM-6PM
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts insurance verification and eligibility for services
- Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification and authorizations.
- Make patients fully aware of financial obligations and eligibility
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance regulations
- Employ tactfulness when dealing with insurance companies regarding accounts in verbal and written communication while being professional and courteous at all times.
- Assists with problem resolution on claims, billing, and eligibility issues with carriers
- Answer incoming phone calls from clinics to verify coverage and copays in a courteous manner.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Work quickly and efficiently under pressure
· Comprehensive knowledge of homecare, hospice, and skilled nursing reimbursement guidelines
· Interact and communicate well with insurance companies
· Previous experience related to insurance authorization, billing and rate negotiation preferred.
· Familiar with a basic understanding of medical ICD-9 codes and CPT medical billing codes.
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service both in-person and over the phone.
· Demonstrate excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
This position complies with the CMS Mandate for COVID 19 Vaccinations
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woods Cross, UT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a Background Check in accordance with federal regulations
- Insurance verification: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location