Rocky Mountain Care – Riverton, is looking for a Part-Time Medical Records Specialist to join our team!
As a member of your community, our mission is to deliver compassionate health care services to all those entrusted in our care. Through leadership and trust, we function as a cohesive team dedicated to cost effective, high-quality outcomes for our residents. We foster an environment of innovation and continual improvement by encouraging creativity and openness. We pledge to value one another through loyalty, respect, and dignity. Integrity, fairness, and kindness are an integral part in all of our business decisions.
- Assist in organizing, planning and directing the medical records section in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the facility, to assure that medical records can be properly maintained.
- Assist in recording all incidents/accidents File in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collect, assemble, check and file resident charts as required. Ensure incomplete records/charts are returned to nursing service for correction.
- Assist in developing procedures to ensure records are properly completed, coded, signed, indexed, etc, before filing.
- Follow established policies and procedures for the medical records section.
- Establish a procedure to ensure charts/records do not leave the section except as authorized in our policies and procedures.
- Maintain a record of authorized information taken from charts/records, ie; type information, name of recipient, date, department, etc.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.
- Index medical records as directed by the medical records consultant.
- Maintain various registries as directed including register for admission and discharge of residents.
- Type reports for physicians as necessary.
- Collect charts, assemble them in proper order, and inspect them for completion.
- Perform miscellaneous duties pertaining to medical records and assist business office personnel as required/directed.
- Assist in admission, transfer and discharge procedures as necessary.
- Answer telephone inquiries concerning medical records functions. Prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Retrieve medical records when requested by authorized personnel (ie; physicians, nurses, government agencies and personnel, etc).
- Assure that medical records taken from the department are signed out and signed in upon return to the department.
- File active and inactive records in accordance with established policies.
- Index medical records as directed.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of performing the assigned duties of the Medical Records Clerk.
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of this facility.
- Participate in management meetings such as QAPI and Triple Check
We are looking for a detail oriented, self motivated person who is driven by the need for accuracy, to meet deadlines and providing the best information to their team and our clients! If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
REQUIREMENTS: Must be well organized and comfortable working on a computer, beneficial to have medical field knowledge but not required.
- Are you willing to comply with a background check in accordance with Federal Regulations?
- Medical records: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Riverton, UT 84065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Medical records: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person