Living happier. Living healthier. Living more independently. These are the goals of Rocky Mountain Home Care. Through our staff of skilled and compassionate people, it is our mission to provide quality, individualized services which strengthen the independent lifestyle and promote dignity of the elderly and disabled in their own place of residence. Find a home care location near you.
Home Health - Tooele, UT
Simply the best care in the comfort of your own home in Tooele and the surrounding areasSchedule a Consultation
Simply the Best Care
Enjoy staying in your familiar surroundings while still receiving highly skilled and professional care
Schedule a Consultation
We Come to You
For any place you call home
You may receive home health care in any place you call home. This may include your own home, your relative’s home, retirement centers and assisted living centers (some restrictions apply with home health aide services).
Home health care has even been provided in hotel rooms when a patient is staying locally to recuperate before returning home. A patient may decide to stay locally after surgery and then return home to another city. Home health care may be provided in both places as long as the patient continues to require skilled care and remains homebound.
What specific services are provided?
Home health care is tailored to your specific needs, but included here are some of the more common services we offer.
Home Health Aide Services:
- Bathing assistance
- Meal preparation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
Medical Social Services:
- Emotional support for patients and family
- Financial/community support
- Health needs assessment
- Pain control/management
- Medication management and teaching
- Wound care
- Diabetic instruction and care
- Dietary teaching
- Bowel and catheter care
- Blood draws
- IV therapy
- Tube feeding
- Other skilled services ordered by physician
Who Pays for Home Health Care?
Home health care is paid by a variety of sources. Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance companies and social services organizations cover qualifying home care services. The following are examples of the common payment sources.
- Medicare covers 100% of the cost if a patient requires skilled care services and is homebound. Many of the services mentioned on the previous page are skilled care services. A patient is classified as homebound if there exists a normal inability to leave home and leaving home requires a considerable and taxing effort by the individual. A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as attending religious services.
- Medicaid provides home health care services when patients require skilled care and does not have the same homebound requirements that Medicare has. Medicaid will not cover medical social work services in the home. Check with your Medicaid office to determine your eligibility and what services are covered.
- Private Insurance provide home health care based upon the patient’s insurance benefit plan. Some insurance plans provide many services while other plans provide very little.
- Social service organizations have limited provisions that occasionally require being placed on a waiting list for services. These services are often limited in time and are based on financial need and other eligibility requirements.